Saturday, August 8, 2009

It’s going to be a Movie?


BV Newswire has learned, exclusively, that filmmaker Will Packer has designs to adapt Steve Harvey's best-selling book 'Act Like A Lady, Think Like A Man' for the big screen.
An official announcement isn't expected to be serviced to film industry media until next week, but the mastermind behind black blockbusters such as 'Stomp The Yard' and 'Obsessed' and Screen Gems have reportedly acquired the film rights to the Amistad/Harper Collins book, which has been atop the New York Times Best Sellers list for the past six months.
"It's pretty amazing," Harvey, a first-time author, told BlackVoices.com about the book's meteoric success back in February. "It really has to be some amount of favor from God, because I have no experience at writing a book," he continued. "It ain't like I've been there, done that. It's got to be favor from God. It's gotta be something that he has planned for me bigger than I could see, because I just wanted to write a book so the women on my show could quit asking me to write a book."

Click to read.

No comments: